Old June 2nd 08, 01:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
richg99[_3_]

Default Strange mouse happenings???

Up until a few days ago, my mouse(s) ( both my notebook pad and my wireless
Mouse) worked "normally". That is, I could highlight text by holding the
control key down; pressing the left button and then could copy/paste that
elsewhere. That still happens on my Windows mail items.

However, whenever I now go to a "dialog box' in a web site...and try to do
the same thing,, highlight the text and then copy/paste it..I get a "hand"
figure that tries to move the text around, but I cannot find a way to
highlight and copy anymore. No doubt some setting has changed (probably by
me!!)... I went to control panel and looked at the various mouse settings,
but none of them seem to help.

I tried to do three different System Restores and every time I do I get a
message that says that the restore didn't work due to an "unspecified
error"?? I'm lost...any help much appreciated. thanks Rich