Old June 2nd 08, 01:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
richg99[_3_]

Default Strange mouse happenings???

Mike Yes, it is the "hand" figure that you see when PDF is open.

re Norton...any other suggestions? I tried aVG, but their newest version is
loaded up with tool bars and other nonsense so I cancelled it. regards, rich

"Mick Murphy" wrote in message
Is it the "hand" figure that you get from PDF files?
System Restore.
Also disable Norton AV if you are using it, before doing a SR, as it has a
conflict with System Restore.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"richg99" wrote:

Up until a few days ago, my mouse(s) ( both my notebook pad and my
wireless
Mouse) worked "normally". That is, I could highlight text by holding the
control key down; pressing the left button and then could copy/paste that
elsewhere. That still happens on my Windows mail items.

However, whenever I now go to a "dialog box' in a web site...and try to
do
the same thing,, highlight the text and then copy/paste it..I get a
"hand"
figure that tries to move the text around, but I cannot find a way to
highlight and copy anymore. No doubt some setting has changed (probably
by
me!!)... I went to control panel and looked at the various mouse
settings,
but none of them seem to help.

I tried to do three different System Restores and every time I do I get
message that says that the restore didn't work due to an "unspecified
error"?? I'm lost...any help much appreciated. thanks Rich