Old June 2nd 08, 07:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

Default vista

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:40:01 -0700, jim thralls jim
wrote:

I just bought Vista and installed it and came up with a problem. My realtex
RTC8029as is not seen. I tried to uninstall then reinstall it but it didnot
work. I have a second drive on this pc running XP and the card works fine.
Do I need a new board to worl with Vista or a new driver. HELP. Thx Jim
Thralls

The subject of your message leaves much to be desired. This is a
Vista group so we assume you're going to be asking a Vista-related
question.

Did you mean Realtek instead of "realtex"?

You didn't say what "RTC8029" is.

Because it works in XP is no reason that it should work in Vista.

You may need a new driver. Check the Mfr website to see if there is
one.

Or you may need to buy a PCI card to replace whatever it is in your
computer that isn't Vista-compatible.