Old June 2nd 08, 10:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

Default realtek ac97 drivers

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 15:21:00 -0700, desperate Confused computerer
desperate Confused wrote:

When i try to install these i get an error message from vista saying the
driver is unsigned. I click install any way but just get the same message
minutes later. have installed the realtek hd driver but cannot get sound from
my front speakers. Please help its driving me mad.

Forget about using the built-in audio on your mobo. I gave up on the
AC97 drivers a month ago - they are NOT fully compatible with Vista
and Realtek isn't writing new ones.

Buy an audio card that is Vista compatible and disable your AC97 mobo
audio (you can do it in the BIOS).