Old June 4th 08, 03:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
andy

Default Floppy Drive won't recognize disks

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 06:15:03 -0700, daelu
wrote:

Vista shows my floppy drive as drive A and the device manager says that the
drive and the drive controller are working properly. However, when I attempt
to read, write, format a disk vista reports the the drive has no disk in it.
I changed the drive, bought new disks and this did not help. Any suggestions
?

Thanks !!

If you're going to use floppies, you should always have some bootable
(to DOS) floppy diskettes on hand. If you can boot the computer to
DOS, then the hardware is functional.