Old June 4th 08, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Default Floppy Drive won't recognize disks

There are still uses for them. I still make sure a new desktop has one.
Whether it is a password disk or I am installing a copy of Win9x/ME into a
new virtual machine a floppy is useful yet.

"Gordon" wrote in message
"daelu" wrote in message
Vista shows my floppy drive as drive A and the device manager says that
the
drive and the drive controller are working properly. However, when I
attempt
to read, write, format a disk vista reports the the drive has no disk in
it.
I changed the drive, bought new disks and this did not help. Any
suggestions
?

Thanks !!

Not a solution, but I just wonder why on EARTH you are still using floppy
disks.........