Old June 4th 08, 05:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Default Floppy Drive won't recognize disks

That's your take on it. There is legacy stuff that wants a floppy period.
I have done more than enough beta testing that things like floppy drives and
PS/2 ports make sense to me yet.

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Colin Barnhorst" wrote in message
There are still uses for them. I still make sure a new desktop has one.
Whether it is a password disk or I am installing a copy of Win9x/ME into
a new virtual machine a floppy is useful yet.

Most new machines in the past two years or so have a BIOS that will boot
from a USB memory stick.......I still say floppies are now completely
obsolete.....