Old December 20th 06, 09:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
blackjack

Default Create Zip-Folder with password?

I also am curious about where the option to password protect a zipped folder
went in Vista. Doesn't make much sense to remove that feature which
functioned properly in XP. I also can not find any official documentation
regarding the abandoned ability...

"Tommi" wrote:

Dear colleagues,

I wonder how to create a compressed zip-file with a password in Windows
Vista without any 3rd party software.
In Win-XP we had a menu item in the file menu inside the explorer window but
I miss this menu command in Vista's explorer. I do not see such a command in
the organize menu.
Any help? Thank you.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000], German, Ultimate, MSDN

Best regards,
Thomas Gessl