Old June 14th 08, 01:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tepid

Default I can't install ATI Catalyst in Vista

You shoud'nt be installing drivers from winupdate, While that was true

for XP it doesn't appear to be for Vista.

Actually, it is. I never install Video or Sound drivers from Winupdate,
90% of the time, it corrupts the drivers. Even in vista. For a while
Realtek's audio drivers were broken on Winupdate. I would have to
uninstall and reinstall original or latest from manufacturer. Just
recently, on a new build, Intel video drivers corrupted, I have seen
this a lot with Nvidia also.

So, I advise, don't install Audio or Video drivers from Winupdates. I
have not had problems with any others. Which is strange.

--
Tepid