Old June 14th 08, 09:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Nonny

Default Sound Problems.

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 12:28:09 -0700, Concern1
wrote:

I just recently upgraded my computer to an HP, model M8400f, running Windows
Vista Home premium. Since I bought my computer I discovered a little annoying
quirk: I often don't get sound when I connect my headphones to the jack on
the front of the computer.

Obvious question: have you contacted HP support? "recently" seems to
indicate that it's probably under warranty.

This is not my 1st computer, and, of course, I
made sure it was not on mute, I clicked on the icon for sound and toggle to
its highest function and it made a sound as it was going up. So, there is
sound, but when I initially put in a DVD (and I've tried w/it numerous, not
just 1 single dvd), there's no sound. I literally have to take out the DVD
and then put it back in, then I get sound. However, if I don't have a DVD in
the computer and I click on a link that pops up a video, which is accompany
by sound, I don't hear anything. It is here that I dont know what to do.
Thanks for your replies and suggestions.
FG