Old June 16th 08, 11:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Soong[_2_]

Default Replaced SCSI adapter, system won’t boot.

I had an Adaptec 29160N which is no longer functional. I have ordered an
Adaptec 29160 (no N) to replace it but that will not be here for a week
or so. In the mean time I have picked up an LSI20320-R with version
5.10.03 of the IME BIOS from a local retailer. I was hoping to use it in
the mean time.

You are correct. The SCSI drive is my boot drive. Because the original
card is dead I cannot boot up and load the driver for the new card. I
may have to just wait until the replacement card arrives. It stinks
being stuck with a three of four year old laptop though.

--
Soong

Certifications Currently Held: '*CompTIA A+*'
(http://certification.comptia.org/a/)*, 'MCDST'
(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...t/default.mspx) (70-272)*
Next Up: ('70-270'
(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-270.mspx))