Old June 17th 08, 09:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Floflo

Default Is anyone ever going to answer this question? DEFAULT PRINTER??

Dear Jake,

I totally agree with you.

I bought a new computer with Vista and the scan fonction of my printer HP
1400 doesn't work at all.

As you can see in a lot of forum, It's seems to be a recurrent problem with
Vista and it's totally damage.

I am very furioux about Microsoft and the bugs of Vista !

Best regards,
Flo

" wrote:

I cannot set the default printer in Vista Business with SP1. I am connected
to a domain trying to set a network printer hosted from a server as the
default printer. I have seen a dozen or more questions similiar to this in
this group as well as on other forums and found no answer. I see a MS-MVP
come on and tell people to remove local printers such as the XPS and adobe
printers. This is a ridiculous solution. Sure it may allow you to connect
to a network printer but you have removed printers that you are going to need
to use again. Unacceptable. Where is the help?

So far the only other solution that does not include deleting all the local
printers off of the machine is to make sure you have write permissions to the
default printer registry key. I have checked this and I do have write
permissions(Full Control). SO WHAT NEXT??

IS MICROSOFT EVER GOING TO COME OUT WITH ANOTHER FIX FOR THIS? BECAUSE IT IS
OBVIOUS ALL THE ONES THEY HAVE SUGGESTED SO FAR DO NOT WORK OR ARE COMPLETELY
UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

I have posted this question once before and had no response so I am curious
to see if anyone tries this go around.

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thank You
--