Old June 20th 08, 10:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
rh0000

Default I'm being told my USB stick is write protected (no slider swit

Thanks. The error is still there when I try to format via command prompt. I
don't think the stick is being used as ready boost:there is no icon showing
this or any other indication. I'll try to check the stick on another computer
(preferably one using xp rather than vista), though I don't have easy access
to another PC.

"tanuj_chadha" wrote:

Try to format USB using command prompt window. If the error is still
there, check if the USB is being used as ready boost or not. If yes then
disable ready boost. If not then try to take out the pen drive & check
it on some other system, to check if it is actually functional or not.

--
tanuj_chadha