Old June 20th 08, 11:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious

Default Can't play disks

I thought that commercial DVDs were two sided.
"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
Does the optical drive read ANY disks? Is it a CD burner or DVD burner?
If it's a DVD optical drive, will it read one or the other?

Chances are the laser is dirty, either use a CD cleaning kit, or replace
the drive. There are two lasers in a DVD drive, one for the CD side and
one for the DVD side. If the drive will read either CD or DVD (but not
both) then one of the lasers has died.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Dante" wrote in message
When I try to open a disk, the driver ejects it and it says please insert
disk into drive. I tried uninstalling and installing the CD RW DRIVER,
but
it still doesn't work. How can I fix this