Old June 21st 08, 09:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

Default Export messages from Windows Mail to Outlook

There's a possibility you have to copy the outlook.pst file that was
created to some other directory before you import the copy, in
order to avoid that error message.

"Helen" wrote in message
I'm struggling to export my messages from Windows Mail to Outlook 2003
(which
is installed and running on my computer).

When I export to Microsoft Exchange format, the outlook.pst file is
created
in C:\User\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\. .., not under
"roaming"
as described below. If I try to import this file into Outlook I get an
error
message "The source and destination folders for this operation cannot be
the
same".

I've tried exporting to Windows Mail format, but then I can't figure out
how
to import this into Outlook.

Please help!!!

"Dave" wrote:

If you export to Microsoft Exchange format, it creates an Outlook.pst
file
located in
C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outl ook\

If you export to Windows Mail format, you have to tell it where to save
an empty folder).

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"RWS" wrote in message
Forgot to mention, using VISTA
--
RWS

"RWS" wrote:

Where does the file created using export messages go??
--
RWS