Old June 24th 08, 04:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jbiz

Default multiple mice "profiles"

I have a laptop with a touchpad that has certain settings for speed adjusted
fairly highly so the pointer moves fast. I also have a Bluetooth mouse that
when I use it, it uses those settings and the pointer moves too fast to be
useable. I have to go into the control panel and change the pointer speed to
adjust for the Bluetooth mouse.

Shouldn't there be some setting or maybe even a third-party app to control
multiple mouse profiles in Windows? Doesn't this seem like something that
should have been included with the OS from the start, maybe back in Win2K for
instance? I've seen others ask about this by searching Google but have not
found an answer. The closest thing I've seen is MultiPoint which is an answer
to a question I wasn't asking (multiple mouse pointers).

Anyone have a clue? A product suggestion for Microsoft maybe? Vista SP2?