dvdrw writes but doesn't read

« - | - »

Old August 17th 07, 01:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dar

Default dvdrw writes but doesn't read

windows vista premium,upgrade from basic,febuary.worked perfect till last
week.I can now put in blank cd and burn music,but if i put in software disc
or vista upgrade disc too reinstall os the disc turns but nothing happens.I
click start then click computer,then it shows hard drives (2)-local disc
(c143gb,local disc (d5.75gb, devices with removeable storage (1)-dvd rw
drive (e,then i hover the cursor above drive e: and a green bar starts too
fill up above the tool bar ,cursor swirls to show me it is busy then nothing
ever happens.If i right click drive (e) windows stops responding untill i
eject the disc, a couple of seconds later windows responds again.i ran
ccleaner didn't help.deleted upper, lower filters didn't help.The Smallest
Ripple Ends Up A TidalWave.I would appreciate any help i can get.
Old October 11th 07, 10:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wells

Similar problem here. I have PLextor PX716UF which writes fine but cannot read
ANYTHING from it. Keep getting "Please Insert Disk in Drive ..." message. Both
Dell & Plextor have come up empty-handed and it's a frustrating case of
finger-pointing. Grrrrrrrrr ..... Tried a Firmware Upgrade to 1.11 but even
THAT can't find the drive !!!

THIS SUCKS

Old October 12th 07, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dar

I was still under warranty,not now though.could not fix through "chat",tried
many times,many solutions still no work.I sent it in ,I think they replaced
the dvdrw,I reinserted recovery disc this time it read the disc! Reinstalled
windows basic then reinstalled upgrade to premium. Now reads and write.WHAT A
LOT TO GO THROUGH!!! was only 8 months old and broke!WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT
------------V-I-S-T-A---------.VISTA=their computer not ours!---windows 98
put in one recovery disc, fix it like new! With vista need, 2- recovery
disc,1- supplemental disc, 1- upgrade disc,and then must have at least a
phone to verify windows!!!!! I use to reinstall 98 once every 2 or 3 months
to clean it up and reinsert good programs,not any more if they keep this
control on us.I will lose all my money i put in VISTA and upgrades,and buy
windows xp I reckon.micrsoft screwed me good.

Old January 8th 08, 10:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
nbassili

Hi there! It seems to be an epidemic! It can't be that all those drives
suddenly broke! It is definitely an OS related error. I have the same
problem with a SAMSUNG 302B (SATA) DVDRW - it worked fine - then
suddenly it cannot read but it can write! In the past it seems that Nero
causes some problems, but I un-installed it and still same problems.
It's strange that nobody came up with a solution from Microsoft. Has it
been reported to them?

NB

--
nbassili