Old July 1st 08, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Romualdo Maldonado

Default Multiple networks detected in Network and Sharing Center

I solved this problem by disabling TCPIP v6 on the Local Area Network
Connection and then restart the computer
I hope this information be useful

"smendiola74" wrote:

Tried this before but I still get either "Multiple networks" or "Unidentified
network"
Anti virus says no viruses.

Thanks for the response though!

Scott

"Michael Walraven" wrote:

Network and sharing center
Customize
Merge or delete network locations
Continue thru UAC
Should list the networks that the machine has seen, you should be able to
delete a network if it is not in use and it is not managed. I don't know
what 'managed' entails so I am no help there.
I have never had more than one network on my desktop with only ethernet
connection, not sure how that would occure.

Michael

"smendiola74" wrote in message
news
My internet connection is thwarted when Vista detects Multiple Networks in
the Network and Sharing Center. I want to select the "unidentified
network"
and delete it but there is no option to do this. The ISP is no help.
Anyone
run across this problem?

ENVIRONMENT:
Broadband connection direct from the modem. Not using wireless. Only one
internet connection. Not on a network. Have not updated to SP1 yet.