Old July 4th 08, 05:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Diana

Default battery plugged in, not charging

So would this also be true if it does charge as long as the lid is down?
Toshiba laptop as well. Seems like it might be a setting in Windows that
when it is open, don't charge but closed charge??

"Malke" wrote:

jennifer b wrote:

I am currently using a laptop that is approx one year old - it's a toshiba
tecra A6. It belonged to a friend and I have only received it recently, so
I do not know its history. When I hover above the 'power plan' icon on the
bottom toolbar, it says "0% available, (plugged in, not charging)" and,
accordingly, cannot run the computer on battery power. Is this definitely
a problem with the computer's battery, despite it being only one year old?

It could be a problem with:

1. The laptop's battery
2. The laptop's AC adapter
3. The charger component on the laptop's motherboard

Contact Toshiba tech support for repair/replacement.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers