Old July 9th 08, 02:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
aga151

Default Device Monitor Appliaction

Hi Colin,
Yer a genius,got rid of the 'sodden', and believe me that's NOT the
word I would use#!
Everythings now uninstalled time for Curry's to take the f**^%*G thing
back!!
Many thanks for your help,really much appreciated.

Best Regards

Allan

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

"aga151" wrote in message
Hi Colin,
Found the problem,it's the sodding Lexmark printer I have had
major problems with the cursed thing so I uninstalled it and the problem
has
gone,except that the Lexmark Fax Solutions will not allow me to
uninstall,there's an error message that reads:
You do not have access to uninstall Lexmark Fax Solutions

Any ideas on how to get around this!!

regards

aga

You can try uninstalling from an elevated command window. Click on the
start orb and type CMD in the Start/Search box BUT do not hit Enter.
Instead right click on the cmd icon at the top of the menu stack and choose
Run As Administrator. Then type APPWIZ.CPL at the prompt and hit Enter.
That will run the Uninstall a Program with elevated permissions. As long as
you can find the program in the list you should not have the access problem.