Old July 9th 08, 07:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
PeterC

Default Vista & Wireless Keyboard 7000 & Mouse 8000

Hi - i have just sent this to MS
Does anyone here know the answer to this problem?
It seems to occur when the computer has been idle for 1/2 an hour.
Peter

Thanks

Two days ago I purchased a Spanish Wireless Entertainment Keyboard 7000 +
with the 8000 mouse.
A note came with the sys saying that if I am using Vista I should load an
update from www.microsoft.com/hardware/vistaupdate.
I did, the Spanish edition to match my Spanish Vista operating system. I
ended up downloading windows 6.0 KB925528-x86, it would not load, "not
compatible with my sys". So I went ahead and loaded the KB & Mouse software,
it installed ok.
It works for about 10 mins & then the kb and mouse freeze up. The light on
the USB Bluetooth goes out. I have pull out the USB Bluetooth and reinstall.
I have taken s/ware out reloaded, reinstalled same problem. I have taken out
& reinstalled USB Bluetooth lots of times, still it freezes. Really ****ed
off as it is a MS Hardware being plugged into MS software, it should work.
Why is my system rejecting the update it says must be loaded?