Old July 10th 08, 11:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
SuperFreak[_5_]

Default How to: Copy/restore faxes from one Vista PC to a new one?

1. I did copy the TIFF images from the Inbox folder on
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax to the new machine. I did the
same with the other images from "SentItems" folder, which can be found
he C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\SentItems

2. That happens that nothing happens. The faxes are not listed on the
new machine neither in Inbox and Sent Items. No error message.

On XP the ActivityLog folder has some files (InboxLOG.txt and
OutboxLOG.txt), that can be used for recover faxes on another machine.
The ActivityLog folder (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows
NT\MSFax\ActivityLog) on Vista is empty.

If you've ever looked into the MSFax folder, sure you'll know it...

--
SuperFreak