Old July 14th 08, 11:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
anoop

Default is not a valid Win32 application message, while clicking on de

Hi Colin
When I right clicked on CMD and selected run as Administrator i hit the error
c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe is not a valid Win32 application

Anoop

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

"anoop" wrote in message
Hello All,
I started getting message"not a valid Win32 application" on different
applications, such as Windows media center,Webex,.When I try to go to
device
manager I hit tghe error there too.I am not able to open the Device
Manager
at all.
Need help ASAP

Anoop

Click the Start orb and type CMD in Start/Search but do not hit Enter.
Right click on the cmd icon at the top of the menu. Select Run As
Administrator. Type "sfc /scannow" and hit Enter. (no quotes and a space
after sfc). After sfc finishes type EXIT at the prompt and hit Enter.
Restart and see what you have.