Old July 14th 08, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Peace Church

Default Cannot access printers

On Vista (Home Basic and Buriness versions) I lose all access to printers
periodically causing all Office programs to hang. The problem seems to
happen when a secutiry update is installed or a new application is installed.
The fix is to either go back to a restore point prior to the noted install
or to disable startup items. The problem is definitely associated with a
startup item but I cannot determine the cause for the conflict.