Old July 15th 08, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Default Cannot access printers

On the Business version, can you open printmanagement.msc?

I'm assuming you have access to the admin accounts on the machines affected.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Peace Church" wrote in message
I don't agree with your assessment. Here is more information. When this
problem occurs I cannot even open Printers in Control Panel. The system
hangs forever trying to open Printers so there is no way to even test
printing from Notepad, or any other application. Often the cure is
restore
to the previous day's restore point when the only thing that has happened
during the night is an automatic Microsoft update (like a security
update).

Ed

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

It obviously seems to be an application issue, which is really your
responsibility to discover.

If you can print from Notepad, then it's not really a printing issue.
You
should consult the manufacturer of the application that causes the error.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Peace Church" Peace wrote in message
On Vista (Home Basic and Buriness versions) I lose all access to
printers
periodically causing all Office programs to hang. The problem seems to
happen when a secutiry update is installed or a new application is
installed.
The fix is to either go back to a restore point prior to the noted
install
or to disable startup items. The problem is definitely associated with
startup item but I cannot determine the cause for the conflict.