Old July 16th 08, 01:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
cholupa2

Default mystery IDE storage controller and driver

I cracked it. Looking around, I was able to eventually find
information similar to Andy's (thanks for your post!). It dawned on me
that the card reader I had installed a few weeks previously accessed one
of my IDE ports. So I disconnected the reader and uninstalled the ide
driver via task manager and voila! problem solved. I was able to
upgradeand everything is working perfectly. I hope this helps some
other people.
-Choupa

--
cholupa2