Old July 21st 08, 12:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
winstonB

Default Photo Gallery save error

erinvg;3860091 Wrote:
Since I purchased my computer with Photo Gallery installed more than a
year ago, I've always used Photo Gallery to edit all of my picures
downloaded from my Sony digital camera. Everything worked fine until
last week when I attempted to fix red eye on newly downloaded pictures.
That's when I received the message "An error is preventing Photo Gallery
from saving this picture" as I tried to move to the next picture. I
discovered that this not only affects any newly downloaded pictures, it
also appears if I try to edit an already existing picture.

I've seen other similar posts and have not found any real answers. Is
there something I can do to correct this?

Having the same problem of error messages and refusals to save tags,
changes etc (incidentally am also losing the tags when I edit the
pictures in PaintShop Pro ).

The only additional info I have is an error code 0x88982F71, which
came under the heading Apply Properties file, with message that it's an
unexpected error. Don't know if anyone can get further forward with the
error code...? Optimistically yours....

--
winstonB
winstonB's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=53313