Old December 30th 06, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
hp

Default Any solutions To Dvd writers not being recognized

Hi,

are you able to boot using the installation DVD? This would tell you
that the IDE controller works fine and the DVD is so far OK.

As soon the Vista IDE driver is loaded then in my case it always asked
for a different CD-ROM driver. This means that something breaks here!
My solution for this was just to use a different DVD HW brand...

I have this mal function since beta1/2 and reported this to MS without
any results. Other reported same behavior just search in the driver &
installation vista news group.

For my opinion, I do not understand such ignorance while same HW using
XP SP2 works as expected and always did as expected

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 07:17:00 -0800, Bcs4
wrote:

As I have previously read and posted there seems to be numerous problems to
many dvdwriters not being recognized or appearing in device manager as non
functioning. I have 4 different dvdwriters that I have installed on a vista
based pc and none of them work i have updated all firmware and been told by
the manufactures that they should work. But alas all of them get code 39
errors when installed . As we get closer to release date I keep looking for
solutions but none seem to appear only more identical problems as I have
encountered anyone know if Microsoft is working on a solution for this
problem? Luckily I have another box running xp pro so i am still able to burn
but as to installing anything new on the vista pc i am at a standstill
without functioning cd-roms. Please any response would be greatly appreciated
Stuck in limbo