Security Center is off and won't be started

Old August 27th 07, 11:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Amir Pasha

Default Security Center is off and won't be started

My Security Center alerts are always reminding to Turn it on. When I try to
Turn it on, it says "The Security Center Service can't e Started", when I run
Services, and try to Start Security Center from there, it says" Windows
coulde not start the security center service on local computer. error 1083:
the executable program that this service is configured to run in does not
implement the service."

what should I do?

Old October 29th 07, 08:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
H.[_3_]

I have the same problem at this moment. I have posted this problem on a forum
in the Netherlands. As soon as I know the solution You will recieve a message.
Greetings
H.

Old October 31st 07, 08:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
H.

Perhaps you can find your answer via this link (it's a dutch forum) Just go
to the last item on this page. If you cant enter this site via the link go to
the non-member part and look for the discussion "HijackThis logs" and look
for the posted item by HHHH and go to the bottom of the page. Just make sure
that your service file is: "wscsvc"
Succes
H.

Old October 31st 07, 09:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Jacee[_3_]

Click on 'run' (it's in accessories), type *services.msc* in the box,
then OK.

When the list of service's window opens, check to see that 'Security
Center' and 'Security Accounts' are both set to start Automatically. You
can do that by right clicking on the line and choosing properties.
Reboot/restart your computer and check to see if it's now working
properly.

click img to show larger view
'[image:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/jcee/th_SecurityCenterservices.jpg]'
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...erservices.jpg)

--
Jacee

*MS-MVP Windows-Security 2006 & 2007*

Old October 31st 07, 10:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
H.

I forgot to put the link in my reply so here it is:
http://www.nucia.nl/forum/showthread...680#post290680

Old November 13th 07, 11:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
MrRaptor88

::Had the same problem in shop and was able to fix it by looking at a
working vista machine the thing I found was that the Log On Part of the
Properties was set to the user and not a local service like it should be
I changed that cleared out the stored passwords and Vista did the rest.
Started working after that. Hope this helps .::

arty:

--
MrRaptor88
Old December 19th 07, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
karmaxxxx

respect right at you jacee sorted my prob out thanx this was a result of
malware which got past macaffee security suite nice 1

Old January 17th 08, 08:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Drew

I have the exact same problem. I have tried all of the "solutions" suggested
in this thread and none of them have worked. I'm almost to the point of
re-installing Vista. Please, if there's anyone else out there with any other
suggestions PLEASE share. I really don't want to go through the hassle of
reinstalling my OS.

Old January 17th 08, 09:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Amir Pasha" wrote:

My Security Center alerts are always reminding to Turn it on. When I try
Turn it on, it says "The Security Center Service can't e Started", when I
run
Services, and try to Start Security Center from there, it says" Windows
coulde not start the security center service on local computer. error
1083:
the executable program that this service is configured to run in does not
implement the service."

what should I do?

What third-party security suite have you installed?

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com