Old July 29th 08, 05:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mark C

Default 2 Gig SD card issue resolved?

Carey, thank you for the response and the link. The link was unhelpful, my
card reader is a new model, and works in Windows XP but not Vista. Many
other people have reported this issue in many other forums.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote in message
Visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card
and read "Compatibility issues with 2 GB and larger cards".
Your issue is due to your hardware limitation and not
with Windows Vista. You'll need to purchase a more
up-to-date memory card reader.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Mark C" wrote in message
Greetings.
I'm using Vista Ultimate 64 bit, SP1, and my multi SD card reader can't
read 2 gig cards. It can read other cards with less than 2 gig. With the
2
gig card it just sits and tries to read it, doing nothing at all, no offer
to format or even open a window to view. I've seen many others that have
this issue. Has this been fixed to anyone's knowledge? Thanks in
advance.
-Mark