Old August 11th 08, 10:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mickey Mouse

Default Scanner Problem

OK, thanks Rick

Mickey

"Rick Rogers" wrote in message
Hi,

For starters, you can't use compatibility mode for drivers, just for
software. If the drivers required to operate the scanner are not
Vista-compatible, you aren't going to be able to use it. Unless Canon
writes and releases them, there's not much you can do about it other than
try the Vuescan software.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Mickey Mouse" wrote in message
My scanner (CanoScan FB 630U) won't run/install on Vista Premium,
incompatible drivers.
Although I might get it to work using Vuescan, I'd like to know whether
you can get Vista to run in XP mode for incompatible software. My
scanning is very infrequent so can't really justify the price for
Vuescan.

Mickey