Logon screen has my picture twice

Old September 2nd 07, 06:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Nicos Antoniou

Default Logon screen has my picture twice

Hello,

I have a lenovo 3000 N100 laptop with Vista Home Basic preinstalled. I don't
know what happened, but when the logon screen appears it shows my user icon
twice. There is only one user account.

Furthermore, if I create another user, the icon of that user then also
appears twice, thus having a total of 4 user icons on the logon screen.

Any idea on what is going on?

Thanks,
Nicos Antoniou

Old September 2nd 07, 06:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
dean-dean

My hunch is that it may have something to do with the KB938979 update. See
the Known Issues Default Folders section he

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938979

I'm not sure whether it relates to your situation or not, but it could be
pertinent. In C:\Users, are there any superfluous, or recently added, user
folders, added around the time of the update's installation?

Old September 3rd 07, 11:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Nicos Antoniou

Yes,

I have Norton Internet Scurity and I did NOT disable it during the KB938979
update. How do I either uninstall KB938979 or fix the problem?

Regards,
Nicos

Old September 3rd 07, 02:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Peter Foldes

Nicos

Unfortunately I am not running Vista and it is hard for me to tell if it can be uninstalled.

Your best bet would be to repost this issue along with all the details to the public.windowsupdate newsgroup where there is many experts there to help you with this issue.

Maybe someone here can also tell you if it can be uninstalled and then reinstalled manually with Norton disabled.

To download this Update manually

Here is the link to the windowsupdate newsgroup if you want to try there

--
Peter

Old September 17th 07, 03:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Manikandan

Hi Nicos

Same problem, how you rectified .....found a solution....let me know

Old September 17th 07, 04:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Mark Bourne

I don't know if any of you have Omnipass installed (something to do with
fingerprint readers), but from a thread on
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unts_passwords, posted
by JohanL:
Hi again,

after uninstallning my omnipass program, performing a few re-boots and
installning my Omipass program again everything seems to have solved
itself. Apparently it was some sort of mismanagment of the Omnipass
program and a Vista update.

Hope that helps.
Mark.