Old August 15th 08, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
tsberry[_5_]

Default HP 7960 - Workgroup Printing not sharing

When I contacted HP support they said sharing was not supported between
the two operating systems. This won't be much help, but so far here is
what I've determined. On the XP machine, the driver is identified as a
Photosmart 7900. If you install the local (not network) printer driver
on the Vista x64 machine, it will be identified as a Photosmart 7960.
For one thing even if the dlls were correct, the inf files would have to
be edited so as to "fool" the system into thinking they were the same
printer.

So, for the time being, someone with a better understating of inf files
is going to have to figure out how to edit the 7900 x64 driver into
thinking it's a 7900. Then at least all of us trying to do the same
thing might have a chance.

--
tsberry