The strangest thing happened on my way to get sound out of Vista

Old October 4th 06, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
voowe2

Default The strangest thing happened on my way to get sound out of Vista

I hope someone out in the forum can help me understand this:

I can't figure out for the life of me, why after installing the previous
version of Windows Vista Beta 2 that I got sound out it with my current sound
card:
Soundblaster Live! gamer. But now with this new version: Windows Vista
(RC1), I can't get sound out it. Using the same sound card.

I can't believe Microsoft would release a new version of Vista and take away
the support for most sound cards, and now there is no support for most?

Well... you guest it. I can't get the sound to work. Vista (RC1) runs very
well, but no sound. I found out that Creative Labs, those folks that created
the Soundblaster Card will not support Vista Beta until the final release.
[WHAT A BUMMER]

So since Microsoft is continuing with the Beta of Vista, then what happened
to the sound files that I thinik were imbedded within the Beta?

Can anyone help?

I feel like running around in circles, and stop, to see if my head would
continue spinning.

voowe2
Old October 4th 06, 07:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
danbrown

did you do an upgrade or clean install? Have you gone into device
manager and tried to update drive.

--
danbrown
danbrown's Profile: http://vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=5

Old October 4th 06, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
voowe2

Default The strangest thing happened on my way to get sound out of Vis

Hello danbrown, and thanks for responding.

I did a clean install. Because the installation said "upgrade disabled"

I went into device manager I attempted to update the driver, but it could
not find an updated driver on IE, nor within it's own data base of drivers

voowe2

Old October 5th 06, 06:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gene Fitz

If you have the f you are using a 2 OS set-up, you may be able to snatch the
driver files from your XP drive or partition.. Just a thought...

Old October 6th 06, 01:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
voowe2

Hey you guuyyss!!

I found the driver from a website called.....oh, oh, forgot the name. Will
post it soon. This website host the drivers for Soundblaster Live! Gamer for
Vista Beta (RC1). It's so unfortunate Creative has an attitude problem, not
supporting the Vista Beta until the Final release.

My next forum Post might be: Creative company's ATTITUDE problems.

Old October 6th 06, 04:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
j hymiller

Hello I have sb live also and downloaded from creative and sound
works fine..other than recorder the livedriveunipack in windows xp(they dont
support vista) Vista isnt any more then a gloryfied xp............Bill needs
more MONEY...lol

Old October 7th 06, 02:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Leadfoot

The SB Live! series of cards will not be supported by creative in any
version of Vista

http://ask.americas.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=ww_english_add,U={B8F60310-DA4F-11D3-94F4-00500463020E},Company={CEAE216D-8719-4C00-AC9F-03BC258F7B70},d=1130251443648,VARSET=ws:http://us.creative.com,case=%2014186

http://tinyurl.com/glxet

Windows Vista - Driver Availability Chart
Creative continues our commitment to providing superior product support with
the release of our driver development plan for Microsoft Windows Vista. This
information is provided for those customers who are in the Windows Vista
Beta Program and will be updated regularly. Creative will be revising this
page to include Windows Vista RC1 updates.
Creative are unable to offer support for a beta Operating System before its
official release.

Creative products not listed here may be classified as discontinued products
which will not have additional driver updates within our software
development plan.

Sound Blaster
Internal Product Plan
X-Fi Series RC1 driver available
Audigy 4 Pro Beta 2 Driver Available
Audigy 4 Beta 2 Driver Available
Audigy 2 ZS Series Beta 2 Driver Available
Audigy 2 Series Beta 2 Driver Available
Audigy LS Beta 2 Driver Available
Live! 24-bit (internal) RC1 September
Live! Series No Development Planned
Earlier PCI releases No Development Planned
All ISA releases No Development Planned

External Product Plan
Audigy 2 NX TBA
Live! 24-bit External TBA
MP3+ (EU&US) TBA
Digital Music (Asia) TBA
Digital Music LX (Asia) TBA
Digital Music PX (Japan) TBA
Extigy No Development Planned

Creative Professional (E-MU)
Product Plan
Creative Professional E-MU 1820 TBA
Creative Professional E-MU 1212M TBA
Creative Professional E-MU 0404 TBA
Creative Professional E-MU 1820M TBA

Cameras
Product Plan
WebCam Live! TBA
WebCam Live! Ultra Notebook TBA
WebCam Live! Ultra TBA
WebCam Live! Pro TBA
WebCam Live! Motion TBA
WebCam Live! Effects TBA
WebCam Instant TBA

MP3 Players
MuVo Product Plan
MuVo Family Native Support
MuVo² Family Native Support
Digital MP3 Player Family / Rhomba Native Support

ZEN Product Plan
ZEN Sleek Photo Native Support
ZEN MicroPhoto Native Support
ZEN Micro (MTP) Native Support
ZEN Xtra (MTP) Native Support
ZEN Touch (MTP) Native Support
ZEN Nano Plus Native Support
ZEN Neeon Native Support
ZEN V Native Support
ZEN V Plus Native Support
ZEN NX No Development Planned
ZEN 20GB No Development Planned
NOMAD/D.A.P/ZEN All not listed above No Development Planned

Portable Media Players

Product Plan
ZEN Vision Native Support
ZEN Vision:M Native Support
ZEN PMC Native Support

Keyboards and Mice Product Plan
All (except Prodikeys & Prodikeys DM) Native Support
Prodikeys - PS/2 No Development Planned
Prodikeys DM - PS/2 No Development Planned
Prodikeys DM (Value) - PS/2 No Development Planned
Prodikeys PC-MIDI - USB CY 2007

3Dlabs Graphics Cards All Products Plan
3Dlabs Graphics cards No Development Planned

Modem & Networking

Modem Blaster (Analog)

Internal Product Plan
Modem Blaster PCI DI5663
TBA
Modem Blaster PCI DI5656
No Development Planned
Modem Blaster PCI DI5655
No Development Planned

External Product
Plan
Modem Blaster USB DE5673 TBA

Broadband Product Plan
Broadband Blaster 8015U TBA

Wireless Product Plan
Network Blaster PCMCIA Card No Development Planned
Network Blaster USB Adapter 2230 No Development Planned
Network Blaster USB Adapter 2030 No Development Planned
Network Blaster USB Adapter 2031 No Development Planned
Network Blaster USB Adapter 2231 Q3 CY2006

Further Suggestions