Old August 31st 08, 12:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Lazaruslong[_2_]

Default USB keyboard not working on start up

A7X808;823905 Wrote:
Occasionally, my microsoft usb keyboard won't function when I start the
computer, but it's fine when I re-start. This isn't a big problem, but
I was just curious as to what could be causing this to happen.

Thanks

I also have this issue long time ago.I have Microsoft USB Comfort Curve
Keyboard 2000 (IntelliType Pro).
I very rare sitations when *Windows* booting up,it just don't recognize
keyboard and stucks in the logon screen.Sometimes keyboard stops
"responding" when computer comes from wake up.
In BIOS and in programs who runs from CD/DVD (e.g live CD's) keyboard
run just fine
I think this issue is in a driver (IntelliType Pro).
For first step,uninstall IntelliType driver (if you have this software)
and than restart.
When this is done,go to Device manager and under keyboard,right click
on it and chose uninstall.Now again restart and Windows will recognise
new hardware and reinstall driver for keyboard.
Or if you use a USB port for keyb.,put PS/2 adapter and try again.Try
in difrent USB port.
Go to the Microsoft Hardware site and download latest drivers for your
type of keyboard.
I hope this will work for you.(in my case is working) [Vista SP1
32-bit]
Have a nice day

--
Lazaruslong