Old August 31st 08, 04:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Wandering[_2_]

Default Why does it take over 3 minutes

"Hank Arnold (MVP)" wrote in message
Paul Montgomery wrote:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:00:59 -0400, wrote:

It did come up very fast the second time it was used. Hmmm ...

Told ya so! 8-D

I do have a lot of restore points so next time I clean them out I will
test it.

Instant with only a few.

As a related question.... Is it possible to automate the deletion of all
except the last n restore points? I support about 125 computers at a local
Hospice and virtually all of them are shared computers that simply load
the OS and then execute a Citrix ICA client to connect to the server.
Their desktop and all apps are on the server.

Restore points almost serve no purpose. I might consider 1 or 2 as
potentially useful. If this can't be done, I'm leaning towards turning the
feature off completely.....

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold

I don't understand why you even care? The machine will manage restore
points by itself, and if more disk space requires deletion of restore
points, it will do it. Restore points are limited to 12 -15% of the disk in
any event. So why not go on to bigger problems? Most of the folks I have
encountered worried about restore points are worried they are somehow losing
disk space. They are not. Also, in conjunction with shadow files, it offers
an extensive opportunity to recover lost files. Well whatever you do, good
luck.