Vista Banter

-   General Vista Help and Support (http://www.vistabanter.com/general-vista-help-support/)
-   -   call to DllRegisterServer failed 0x8002801c (http://www.vistabanter.com/71024-call-dllregisterserver-failed-0x8002801c.html)

greensmachine_snake September 9th 07 02:21 AM

call to DllRegisterServer failed 0x8002801c

The module xxx.dll was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed
with
error code 0x8002801c.

i have tried several methods that have been "The So-Called Fix" and
nothing has worked as of yet i keep getting the same error message

--
greensmachine_snake
greensmachine_snake's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=30792

http://forums.techarena.in

Cal Bear '66 September 9th 07 03:59 AM

call to DllRegisterServer failed 0x8002801c

Have you typed cmd in the Start Search box above the Start Orb and when cmd.exe
appears at the top of the Start Menu, right clicked on it and selected "Run as
Administrator" and then executed the regsvr command?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"greensmachine_snake" wrote in
message ...

greensmachine_snake[_2_] September 9th 07 04:34 AM

call to DllRegisterServer failed 0x8002801c

no i hadnt heard that one but i tried it immidiately and what do you
know i finnally found a fix that worked thanks so much lol

Cal Bear '66 September 9th 07 05:25 AM

call to DllRegisterServer failed 0x8002801c

You're welcome.

Glad it worked for you.

rz14983 January 12th 08 10:18 PM

call to DllRegisterServer failed 0x8002801c

Cal Bear,

You are a genius. I searched for hours for a solution until I stumbled
upon your post. It worked immediately.
Thanks you, Thank you, Thank you !!!!!

--
rz14983
rz14983's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=39480

danoyuga October 15th 08 02:50 PM

call to DllRegisterServer failed 0x8002801c

Thanks you are a genius of sort.

--
danoyuga
danoyuga's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/danoyuga.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Shane[_8_] November 11th 09 04:02 AM

call to DllRegisterServer failed 0x8002801c

This worked for me using Windows 7 as well. The only catch was I had to
add the C:\ after the regsvr32

ex: regsvr32 C:\windows\system32\COMCTL32.OCX

For me, that was unnecessary in XP.
Thanks for the answer!

t_r_razzaque July 29th 11 03:37 AM

call to DllRegisterServer failed 0x8002801c

:-D Thnx a lot!! it workd :-D....

[email protected] October 5th 13 07:34 PM

On Saturday, September 8, 2007 10:59:33 PM UTC-5, Cal Bear '66 wrote:
[...]

Same issue for me. "Run as Admin" fixed it for me. Thanks! Respect the Bears, but Go Cougs!