Old September 2nd 08, 12:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Clearwire Mail

Default Vista Indexing Question

I went to RUN.... SERVICES.MSC and disabled the Windows Search service. I
don't want indexing on my computer. However, when going to the Properties
of my C: drive, the check mark is ON for indexing my drive. So which is it?

Note: I "think" that if I uncheck the box that shows indexing on my C;
drive, it will alter the characteristics of EVERY file on the computer for
non-indexing, and that will take a while, plus it will thrash my hard drive
insatiably. Isn't simply disabling the Windows Search enough for stopping
all indexing??? Thanks.

EW