Old September 7th 08, 09:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JohnFitz

Default Buffalo DriveStation not recognised by Vista

I have a Sony laptop running Vista. I bought a Buffalo DriveStation
Combo recently and got it working with the supplied Memeo AutoBackup.
It seemed to be running fairly slowly and had a problem transferring an
iso file and reported that the backup was complete even though there
were quite a number of folders not copied. I upgraded to v3.5 and
eventually with a bit of fiddling I was reasonably happy with it.
Then the Drive Station stopped connecting. The system would check for
the drive about once a minute - find it - then it would drop it. I did
spot a Windows message saying "Could not load driver software". I
checked and the USB drivers were up-to-date. I switched off TurboUSB
but that made no difference.
After a couple of days it is now working again - I don't know why....
Occasionally a system message will pop up saying that I am using USB
1.1 with the DriveStation and that it would run faster if I connected it
to USB 2.0. Well of course, but my 3 USB ports ARE 2.0 so I wonder does
the DriveStation itself inhibit the USB speed.
Overall I am nervous about my backup system when really I need to be
super confident with it.
If anyone has any similar experiences I would be grateful to hear from
them.
Many thanks
John

--