Which Wireless Adapters Work In Vista RC1?

Old October 9th 06, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Theo

Default Which Wireless Adapters Work In Vista RC1?

Because it probably has a Broadcom chip on it. My Belkin
does the same thing.

ComputersXP wrote:
My Wireless Belkin Card does work but comes up as broadcom in vista !!

"Xman" wrote in message
This is the answer from the UK support:

"USR805410 802.11g Wireless Turbo PC Card last driver update was 2004 and
most likely would not have a Vista support driver"

Any idea pls?

"smtjs" wrote:

My US Robotics wireless network adapter card will not work with Vista
RC1.
USR informed me that they do not have Vista compatible drivers for
any of
their products.

I would like to know which PCI wireless network adapter cards will
work with
Vista RC1. Thanks for any help.

Old October 10th 06, 08:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kako78

smtjs Wrote:
My deepest thanks to everyone who replied. I had a spare Netgear WG311T
Wireless Adapter. I Downloaded the latest beta drivers and it is
working
fine with Vista. Thanks again.

I have the same card but couldn't find the drivers.
Where did you download them from ?

Many thanks
Kako78

--
Kako78
Kako78's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=18251

http://www.techarena.in

Old October 13th 06, 07:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Donald L McDaniel

On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 15:53:59 -0400, Theo
wrote:

I just put a Belkin F5D7001 wireless adapter with a Broadcom
chip in and Vista has a balloon telling me

Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter
device driver software installed successfully

It is connected to my home wireless router and I have
internet connection. So, I would presume it works in Vista
x86 and is good to go!

smtjs wrote:
My US Robotics wireless network adapter card will not work with Vista RC1.
USR informed me that they do not have Vista compatible drivers for any of
their products.

I would like to know which PCI wireless network adapter cards will work with
Vista RC1. Thanks for any help.

The Broadcom driver for the Apple Airport Express card in my Intel
iMac 17" works great. However, I only get 4 bars under Vista, while I
get 5 bars under OS X.

It has been installed from the Vista installation disk since RC1.
Before RC1, one had to download it from Broadcom, or manually install
it from the Macintosh Drivers Disk for Windows XP, since the Drivers
disk doesn't install under Vista (it fails when it attempts to install
the ATI driver).

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread and newsgroup.