Old September 8th 08, 10:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
MPS[_2_]

Default Drivers not loading; slow boot

Hi all,

Vista Home Premium, 1.8 GHz Intel Duo Core 4300, 2Gb, 1000+ GB
working fine albeit a bit sluggish after a year. Shutdown in less than 30".

In search of the cause of a slowbooting, 2'30"before I see the Desktop, computer I find in
nbtlog.txt among properly loaded drivers always the same 2/4 entries:

Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS
Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS

and

Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\srv.sys
Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\srv.sys

Could they be the cause of this lenghty black screen pause c. 1'30" following the bootscreen, before
"Welcome"?
Howto get rid of this?

Looking forward,
Maria