Old September 8th 08, 07:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
billbaly

Default WMI Provider Host stopped working and was closed

jj mac;3333986 Wrote:
uvbogden
It looks as though McAfee SpamKiller is the cause. I can’t be
absolutely
certain because at times it can take quite a while for the message
“WMI
Provider Host has stopped working” to appear although recently it had
been
coming up very quickly after boot up. I disabled McAfee Spamkiller
over 2
hours ago and the message has so far not appeared so it does look as
though
the Spamkiller is the cause.
I am, however, now being bombarded with pop up messages from McAfee
warning
me that my computer is not protected and is at risk. The Microsoft
WMI
message appears less threatening so I will probably reinstall the
Spamkiller
and take the matter up with McAfee to see if they have a fix or work
around
to correct the problem. I am sure they must be aware of it.
Many thanks for your help

Have you heard back from McAfee? I too am getting this message and it
is a pain in the a...

--
billbaly
billbaly's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/billbaly.htm