Old September 11th 08, 03:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Default Slow Printer Speed

What is Everex?

Your bottleneck is probably the LPT port.

LaserJet, DesignJet, PhotoSmart... which 1100 printer?
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"1on1spanish" wrote in message
I am running Vista Home Premium edition on an Everex stepnote 2053

I am connected wirelessly to a router and I have an XP machine connected
via
ethernet it has an HP1100 printer attached to it via parallel cable.

I used to be able to print easily to it.

Then a few month my everex stopped recognizing the printer. I just made do
for a couple of months and then tried adding the printer.

This time it worked but whenever I tried to do anything relating to
printer
(setting printer, page preview or printing) it would take 5 minutes or
more
for it to respond.

There were no error messages and like I said it would eventually do it.