Old September 16th 08, 04:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
jra1

Default "Logon Process has failed to create the security options dialog." Error Message

sorry for the bump, but didn't want to create a new thread about this...
also sorry if this has been answered fully somewhere else but as is the
nature of the problem I don't exactly have long to search!

i'm really confused by this problem because I haven't used my laptop
for a week, it's just been idling running, I occasionally use msn on it
and I watched a dvd, but apart from that it hasn't been used. However
this morning I started getting this problem.

I'm not really that good with computers, i've run a chkdsk and it has
shown errors but I can't work out how to fix them haha... it says "Run
chkdsk with the /F (fix) option to correct these" but i'm not 100% sure
what that means and don't really wanna just start playing around with
it.

incase it helps, the errors it found were -
The master file table's (MFT) BITMAP attribute is incorrect.
The Volume Bitmap is incorrect.
Windows found problems with the file system.

any help will be much appreciated...

--
jra1