Working Flatbed Scanners

Old September 13th 07, 03:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Glen[_3_]

Default Working Flatbed Scanners

Has anyone been successful in getting a flatbed scanner to work correctly
with Vist Home Premium??
I have a Artec 1236USB, which is entirely powerd by USB. It has worked well
with All versions of Windows up and through XP but it will nit install with
Vista.
If I have to get a new scanner, are there any that work with Vista?? If so
please let me know the brand & Model No..
I apprecite any advice.
Glen

Old September 13th 07, 04:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Ken Blake, MVP

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:54:38 -0400, "Glen" wrote:

Has anyone been successful in getting a flatbed scanner to work correctly
with Vist Home Premium??
I have a Artec 1236USB, which is entirely powerd by USB. It has worked well
with All versions of Windows up and through XP but it will nit install with
Vista.
If I have to get a new scanner, are there any that work with Vista?? If so
please let me know the brand & Model No..

Sure. I don't have enormous experience with many brands and models,
but I can report that my Canon Lide60works just fine under Vista, and
I'm very happy with it.

I run Vista Ultimate, not Home Premium, but there's no reason why that
should make any difference.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Old September 13th 07, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Any current Canon model should work just fine.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Old October 10th 07, 05:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Bill Leary

"Glen" wrote in message
Has anyone been successful in getting a flatbed scanner to work correctly
with Vist Home Premium??
I have a Artec 1236USB, which is entirely powerd by USB. It has worked
well with All versions of Windows up and through XP but it will nit
install with Vista.
If I have to get a new scanner, are there any that work with Vista?? If so
please let me know the brand & Model No..
I apprecite any advice.

I'm running a Canon "CanoScan LIDE 70" with Vista Ultimate. All power is
via the USB cable.

- Bill

Old October 12th 07, 04:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Glen[_3_]

Thanks--no luck w/Artec so I just bought a Canon CanoScan LIDE 90 (new
model) and it works fine. Had another recommendation for a CanoScan LIDE
earlier also. Thx for response.
Glen

Old October 17th 07, 07:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
WRM

HP C6180 works very well on my Vista Home Premium and it's a combo unit