Old September 23rd 08, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Brink

Default The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

connie.yuen;843573 Wrote:
I just got a new Dell desktop. As i was setting everything up, the
dialog box keeps reading the profile was not loaded correctly. Therefore
any changes made will not be saved. So what i did was created another
account. I could save my work on that account. But when i went online to
download firefox, i had a blue screen pop up stating "windows is going
to shut down to prevent data being damaged" and it restarted on its own.
When i logged on again it reads windows just recovered from an
unexpected shut down. How can i rectify this issue?

Hello Connie,

This tutorial may be able to help you fix this.

'The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be
loaded.'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...ot-loaded.html)

Since it is new and you are just setting everything up, you might
consider reinstalling Vista though.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--