download driver without using windows update

Old October 10th 06, 05:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
LarsH

Default download driver without using windows update

does anybody know how to download a vista lan driver without using windows
update. my network card is not support in the RC, but i get information that
i can update it to work after installing vista. But as it is my only card in
the system, as the other Lan interface is not supported at all. So I ned to
get the driver before hand.

Regards

Lars
Old October 10th 06, 05:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
yoniy

please give information about your net-card vendor&model (a hardware profile
of the entire computer might help) and which build of vista you are using

Old October 11th 06, 02:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
peterweb

Had the same problem with RC1 and RC2 for my 3Com NIC.

Go to Device manager, right click your NIC and choose properties. On the
driver tab, click on update driver. Select from list, and your card may show
up there. Select this and the driver will install.

It seems to have been there all along, but I have no idea why it did not
install itself.

Old October 11th 06, 02:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
peterweb

I had same problem with 3Com NIC and RC1 and RC2.

Go to Device manager. Select your NIC, right click and properties. From the
Driver tab, select update driver. Select choose from list, find your NIC and
install it. This worked for me.

Not sure why it was not installed automaticaly.

Old October 12th 06, 08:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
LarsH

I ran the compatability check, and was informed that my Actiontec WiFi USB
(buildin) would not work before downloading the new driver after installing
RC1. (build 5600)

and the other NIC is the 3Com one, that RC1 does not support at all.

So installing RC1 would leave me with out network connection.

Regards