Audio Drivers for HP zv6000 Laptop

Old October 11th 06, 03:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gene Fitz

Default Audio Drivers for HP zv6000 Laptop

From my other post:

Here is a couple ideas. Number one, try Windows update. It installed myt
Conexiant drivers automatically. Now here is a ricky idea, and I can
guarantee nothing on this, because it may cause a "blue screen error" so do a
complete PC back-up before you start!

Put your driver recovery disk in. Now instead of letting it auto-run,
explore the disk, under drivers, and audio. There is a setup.exe there. Try
that, even if your computer hasn't found our audio, the driver will. and it
will load.

Now, one of two thingd will happen, you will either get a blue screen, or
your sound will work. Best of luck either way.

Now, for the modem, you just have to put the disk in, and use the "driver
update" option in the device manager. Browse the computer, in the driver
disk, under "Modem" just direct it to the folder, it will load your drivers.

This is what I did with my HP 7030us Notebook.

Hope this helps.

"Sunny" wrote:

I am using HP Pavilion zv6000 laptop Vista is unable to find drivers for my
device.
Sound card model is Conexant CX20468 - 31 AC97 Audio.
Device is detected under other devices tab in Device Manager.
Dose any body have answer please post me.

Old October 11th 06, 10:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ryan

If you've got Vista x64, you can get audio from recent HP/Compaq laptops by
installing the audio64a driver for ATI chipsets, then disabling digital
driver enforcement at boot. This has the audio working on my HP Pavilion
dv8000. I don't know if they have a signed driver for that chipset yet.

From my other post: