Old September 27th 08, 09:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wandering[_2_]

Default USB Mic suddenly not working

Microphones go bad -- almost as often as microphone cables. Have you
verified the mic on another machine?

Good luck.

"Xojie" wrote in message

Afternoon all.
Here's my problem;
I'm using a generic logitech USB mic with my vista computer, and it has
worked great for about the last 6 months or so. I use it with Ventrillo
and the speech recognition on my computer.
Anywho, today, all of a sudden with no updates, hardware chanegs, etc.,
the mic portion of it just isn't working.

I've checked the usual suspects, its not muted, its set as the default
device, the headphones portion of the headset works fine, its plugged in
properly, no sign of damage, etc..

any suggestions would be helpful.

Acer Aspire T180
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.20 GHz
3.50 GB RAM
Win Vista Home Basic 32x Service Pack 1
Realtek High Definition Audio
GeForce 79000 GS