Old September 30th 08, 05:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mehuh

Default ATIKMDAG.SYS

chuckbam;848979 Wrote:

I needed to do it in *safe mode*. I updated every thing in the system
devices that said Intel and one other device would update. I wish I
remembered the one. I did the same with the USB.

By the way, I am not 100% driver stopped responding free. But, it is
better. Maybe one in five boots. It will happen shortly, so I re-boot
and usually don't have the problem. I think it also helps if you don't
use the CCC

Good point! I'll have to try that in Safe Mode. Did you use the
Processor to IO selection in the device manager to update the chipset
drivers? If not, which device did you use to update the chipset driver?

Thanks.

--
mehuh